Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Thursday, September 1, 2011

CNE 2011

Yesterday, I had a work team building event at the CNE.  It's a huge fair that comes along this time every year and lasts for a few weeks.  Full of rides, food, games, pavilions of every type, it was a fun and tiring day.  Most definitely will do that again next year! 

However, fun and sun aside, there was one part of the day that caused me to worry. The food.  Not just any food.  I'm not talking about the normal carnival/fair food that you are used to seeing.  The popcorn stands to the cotton candy and candy apple booths.  They are familiar are are all apart of the entire atmosphere.  No, not talking about those at all.  I'm talking about the new stuff.  The food that seems to be getting more popular over the last few years.  It leaves me to wonder if there is a group of people whose job it is to sit in a kitchen and come up with different foods they can dip in batter and deep fry. 

If you wanted to stay away from something that was fried, you can always have the Epic Burger.  A cheese burger with the works, an egg and the clincher?  Instead of regular buns, the burger is between 2 krispy creme donuts.  Seriously?? 

For the deep fried enthusiast there was so many grease dripping options.  Let's see....where to begin?  Deep fried butter, deep fried mars bars, deep fried peanut and jam on a stick, deep fried pop tarts, deep fried brownies, deep fried coke, deep fried cherry aid, deep fried twinkies.  Whew!  I'm sure I'm missing more.  These are just the ones that I saw booths for.

As someone who is trying to eat healthy and eliminate and 'dangerous' food that I always seem pulled towards, it was just unbelievable to me that there was so many killer foods.  Moderation is a key part, I know.  I did have a few bites of the deep fried coke and was able to throw the rest away.  And if I'm being honest, there was a few things that I wanted to partake in, like the deep fried brownie but I resisted. 
I just find it upsetting that there was so much of this, everywhere you looked, there was a deep fried this or a candy coated that.  No wonder there is so many health and weight related illnesses. 

I know I can't control what anyone else eats.  I also know that we all have much much different eating habits.  Some people can walk away from the sugar and the grease and not think twice about it.  While others need to physically remove themselves before being consumed by it all.  It would just be nice to have those temptations disappear.  But I suppose that this all goes back to me.  It's not what is around me but what is within myself.  I have to consciously make the right choices everyday and I have to work at it.  It doesn't come easy to me, and I'm ok with that.  I might complain about it and begrudgingly shuffle my feet away from what I crave but in the end those tough choices are what is going to grant me a healthy and happy life.  After all....Baby Mine!!

Thanks for tuning in guys.

Misty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment