Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some little tips for a healthy day

If any of you are like me, I tend to look for any kind of healthy weight loss tips that I could easily implement into my day to day routine. I fine that if I try small things I get way better results! Through some reading I did the other day, I found that many different cultures had various ways of cutting the calories and chopping the pounds. I wanted to share some with you guys. Some I think I will try and put to use myself. This info below I got from the Best Health Magazine, May 2010.

Germany - Eat breakfast. We've all heard it before. Eating breakfast in the morning gives you a great start to the day. It will give you the boost you need and that extra oomph of energy.

India - Do more yoga. Although I am not into yoga it would be something that I can see myself doing once I was at a more comfortableweight. It has been said that people who do yoga on a regular basis have a lower BMI.

Thailand - Eat spicy food. Hot peppers raise your metabolism but also, it's been documented that spicy food makes you eat slower, therefore taking your time with your meal and allowing you to know sooner when you're full. So, make sure you add a few dabs of hot sauce to your meals.....nothing wrong with that!


South Africa - Drink rooibos tea. Drinking this naturally sweet tea instead of your specialty coffee could save you thousands of calories a month.



Mexico - Eat a big lunch. If you try to get in the big meal of your day at lunch and eat a smaller dinner, you'll wake up hungry and therefore eat breakfast and so on and so forth. Having a smaller dinner cuts the calorie intake and you aren't eating alot before bedtime.


Hungary - Eat more pickles. The vinegar in the brin is said to have an affect of lowering your blood pressure, blood sugar levels and fat formation. Although be careful as this food can be high in sodium. I wonder if the deep fried pickles I plan to eat on my vaca next week are included in this? Um, I kinda think not. *sad face*

Poland - Eat at home more often. When you eat out it is so much easier to eat unhealthy. Not being able to see what is going into your meal and how much. Limit your eating out as much as you can. This includes bringing your meals to works. I know it can be hard to always plan enough ahead of time to bring breakfast and lunch to the office, but giving it that extra 10 minutes to prepare will save you a load of money and also a load of empty calories!


Norway - Spend time outdoors. Getting out and walking can do wonders. Planning a routine to get out with yourself or family and friends and go for a good hearty walk will surely do the body good!



Japan - Take a nap. We all have said it on many an occasion. 'I'm going to have a nap when I get home' Most of us never do because once you get home there is always something that takes your attention away. It has been said that sleep deprivation can be tied to weight gain. So when you get home from work, take a little shut eye time for yourself. If anyone asks, just tell them you are trying to lose weight!



Hope these little tidbits helped! Thanks for tuning in again dudes!


Misty

xo

1 comment: