Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dear Friend,

How are you?  I hope these last few weeks are finding you in good spirits.  So sorry I have been incommunicado lately.  It feels as though time has been slipping by.  Just by blinking, it is already October.  I'm not sure about you, but I am asking myself where the hell this year has gone. 
How's work going?  Did you get that raise you were hoping for?  If you did, good job!  You deserve it!  If not, don't give up.  Keep fighting the good fight.  You have earned it so don't let a few set backs stop you from reaching your goals. 
As you know, I have set some goals for myself this year.  A few I have reached, some I am still striving towards.  Work is good.  I have 2 new opportunities infront of me.  I am hopeful that one of them will pan out and full time status will be mine!I feel like I have earned it and whatever this new opportunity brings it will be something that I can succeed at and show the powers that be that I am even more valuable to have around then they already think.
I'm still trying to get myself on track with this exercise thing.  I have done great this past week, however,  a combination of doing the treadmill everyday and the damp cold weather has knocked my knee out of commission.  I'm not surprised, but hoping that it gets better in a day or so.  When I get on the treadmill and crank up the tunes, I feel so amazing!! You know how Katy Perry's song Firework is a fav of mine...well.....that seems to be my go to song at the moment.  So much so that I end up replaying it 5 times for my entire workout.  Whatever gets the job done right? Hahahaha  I printed out the lyrics of the song and now have it posted on my vision board.  Did I tell you about that?  You know the vision boards that Oprah was talking about, well I made a big one and put it above my treadmill so as I am huffin and puffin I have something to look at that reminds me why I'm doing all that sweating!  So the words that I am finding most inspirational I have infront of me and proudly sing at the top of my lungs.....funny sight to see I'm aware but it feels awesome!
We can achieve what we set our minds to my friend.  I know obstacles are put in our way but just as easily as they are placed, we can kick them out of the way.  It may be a little more difficult, but the reward and feeling after you do is so worth it!  I'm not gonna say that I enjoy the hardships but I do believe that each and every one of them has made me stronger.  What do you think?  I know this last year hasn't been overly nice to you either.  I pray that you are staying firm in knowing that you are an amazing human being.  You are intelligent and caring and have a beautiful spirit. Just knowing you and having you apart of my life fills my heart with utter happiness!  I'm here for as long as you need me.  Whether to give you some advice, or opinions or just give you that ear to listen and shoulder to cry on.  You make this world a better place to live in. 
I hope in reading this, you know that you are worth it.  And yes before you say it, I know it for myself as well.  We are worth it.  We can achieve it and most importantly we deserve it!

Hope to hear from you soon my wonderful friend.

Yours truly,

Misty
xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey,Misty! I just came across this even though you wrote it awhile back.I think you putting those cards up, and singing to that music were great idea's.Stay well,and happy!

    ReplyDelete