Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Time!

Thanksgiving is upon us again.  Gathering with loved ones, feasting on a delicious meal and giving thanks for the many wonderful things we have in our lives. 

For the obvious choices, I am thankful for my friends and family who continuously show me love and accept me for me, no matter what I say, do or look like.
I'm thankful for having a plan and working at getting what I want.  I'm thankful for finally knowing I am worth it, that I matter too.  I'm thankful for realizing that a baby is what I ultimately desire and having the gumption to go out there and get it, no matter what.  I'm thankful that my wants will not diminish or waiver even if others may look down upon me for how I plan to go about doing this.  Getting myself healthy and fit to prepare my body for IVF is nothing tom be ashamed of.  Personally, I think its brave for a woman to go out and get what she wants, not letting the fact that she is doing it alone stop her.  Kudos to her, and kudos to me!

On a smaller scale, the little things to be thankful for are just as important.  And because we all have those moments where we complain, we all know that some little things can also be a pain in our asses and something to not be so thankful for.

I'm thankful for rainbows, the smell outside after it rains, Alanna's giggles, the way I feel when I hear, 'I love you Auntie Misty', Mama's cooking, retail therapy, for my mom being the only parent I need, kitty kisses on my nose before I even open my eyes in the morning, Spumante Bambino, my blackberry, chocolate, my blog and the people who read it....and comment on it, OPRAH, reading a great book, being smiled at, sleeping in and having a lazy day, Starbucks Soy Pumpkin Spiced Latte, PETA,  hot bubble baths, flush toilets when camping, people who volunteer, coffee, being surprised at work with a bouquet of flowers,  flip flops, cool autumn breeze, my ipod, music that motivates me.

Okay, now the things that I am not so thankful for that I know I'm not alone in thinking.  I'm not thankful for foods that are bad for me, hangovers, flights costing so much money, having to work 2 jobs, dentist bills,  skinny bitches who act like skinny bitches,  turning on the radio just as my fav song is ending, feeling depressed, swollen ankles, stress, being alone on a holiday, apartment buildings, whole wheat bread, farting when sneezing, clowns (enough said here!), crying over commericals, always having to cook for one, heavy metal music, hairballs.

I wish you all a wonderful long weekend spent with your loved one.  If you are spending this holiday alone like moi, don't frett!  Enjoy it all the same. Make yourself a yummy meal, have a glass or two of wine, sit back and watch a good movie or read a great book.  Know that you aren't truly alone.  You ahve people in your life who love you and would be lost without you.

Take it easy gang!  Until next time...

Misty
xo



1 comment: