Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank You Letter to my Mother

A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. – Victoria Secunda
 Happy Mothers Day to each and every mom out there.  You have the weight of the world on your shoulders yet you love your children more then life itself.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Dear Mama,

Today is the day of the year that is marked to make a special mention to our moms. To say thanks for all you do.  To tell you that we love you.
If it was only that simple.  I'm great with words but not even I can find the right ones to tell you exactly what you mean to me.  There are no words to describe fully just how much I love and adore you. You've been there through most of it.  Sometimes you stepped right in and other times you stood back, letting me spread my wings.  Mistakes were made....oh were there mistakes.  But you knew those mistakes were nessecary for me to make.   In all of my stubbornness, in every moment I dug my heels in and refused to budge, you were still there.

Thank you Mom for making me breakfast every morning
Thank you for laughing with me in the card isles
Thank you Mom for teaching me the tune of life
Thanks for letting me love you

 We have an abundance of good memories, happy times shared together.  We have pockets of time where things were a rough road for us.  There were moments in time that are difficult to look back on without feeling pangs of hurt.  But I believe that each memory, each glimpse of past mistakes, things that were rough, they happened for this very specific reason.  It brought you and I to this point right here, right in this time.  I think we are in the best place we have ever been in, growing together, learning from each other.  We have said it before.  We have a kind of bond that is unbreakable.  We know this because it has been tested many times.  And here we still stand, hand in hand, side by side, holding the other up when times are unforgiving and relentless.

Thank you Mom for letting me be your person, because you are mine
Thank you for playing with my hair, for comforting me
Thank you Mom for loving me even when I made it difficult to
Thanks Mom for not giving up on me
Thank you Mom for loving me even when I pushed you away

In case I haven't told you enough, showed you enough, I hope that me telling you now will forever stay in your mind and in your heart.  Hold on to this today and every day after.  Remember that I'm your person and you're mine.  No matter the distance, no matter what is going on in our lives you will always be in my heart.

Thanks for playing games with me even though I'm so competitive
Thank you Mom for being patient with me
Thank you for encouraging me

Enjoy today Mama.  Celebrate yourself along with Joey and I as we show you just how significant you are in our lives.  I've needed you, need you now and will need you in the future.  Please know that in your heart.  As long as I'm living, my Mama you'll be.
My mom is a never-ending song in my heart
Of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words
But I always remember the tune.
- Graycie Harmon

 All my heart now and forever,
Your Daughter
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment