Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Sunday, May 27, 2012

You Never Know the Beauty Inside

We just had a long weekend here in Canada and I went down to the Falls to spend it with family.  With the weather being as beautiful as it was, my mom and I decided to do her gardens.  That being the job of my step dad up until now, we took it on, in the hopes that we would make him proud.  Although we really didn't have the green thumbs, well, if I'm being honest, I don't think I even have a green fingernail, we did alright.  Her gardens look gorgeous and we had fun doing them.  We got some sun, had some laughs and yes, I even got dirty.  The city girl that I am and proud of it, got down in the dirt.  And I was absolutely ok with that!

While at the greenhouse earlier that morning to pick up the flats of flowers to plant, we stopped and admired the most beautiful flower I think I have ever seen.  This flower literally filled me with happiness and is the inspiration for this blog post.  The Fuschia flower with all its glory is something to see. 
I began to reflect back on so many of the lessons I have learned over the years and one of the many is 'Never judge a book by its cover'. We all know this and have said it at least one time in our lives.

Much like the fuschia flower, we begin our lives as a small little bud.  Delicate, new and with an unexplainable desire to blossom.


Some people grow and flourish into exactly what they knew they would.  Some are in a place right from the start, following their voice inside, their dreams guiding them.  For others it can be a struggle.  They falter and lose their way.  Something happens that they can't quite understand and all of a sudden their plans, or what they thought they wanted go right out the window. When we see someone who is struggling, who appears to not care about themselves or whats happening around them, we can either judge them or accept them for the spirit they have inside.  You just never know by looking at the shell of someone what is truly inside them.  What they are made up of, what holds them all together.  You can't pry open someone either.  They have to blossom all on their own.  When the time is right for them, when they have mustered up the divine strength they have within, and always did have but never realized it, then they can bloom into the radiant and exquisite being they were always destined to become.  Some people just need a few extra moments.

And when they blossom into the beauty they were always meant to be, it is breathtaking.  It's like the perfect secret.  Kept locked down until the right moment, then magic!


 Looking at this pink bud on this fuschia plant does it no justice.  Its just regular.  You probably wouldn't even give it another moments thought.  It's easy to forget, doesn't really leave an impression on you.  But, when it's ready and the moment to open up and become what it was made to become is reached, it's striking beauty makes you stop in your tracks.  What a shame it would have been to chastise or judge something of such beauty.  What a waste it would have been.  Works the same way for people.  What a shame, what a waste it would be if we kept right on walking by.  Sad for the person who was left behind, and sad for the person who does the leaving. I think about what this exceptional soul can add to my life and how much I'd love for it to know my heart. 

This week, let's all try to reach out to one person.  Someone who you can admit might have something special inside but its not being shown to the world yet.  Let them know when they're ready, you will gladly be there to see the transformation.

Blessings to you all and thanks for tuning in my friends!

Warm hugs

Misty
xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey,Misty,How right you sre one must never judge as people don't have to walk in other people's shoes.Yes,I agree this Fuschia Flower is "Beautiful indeed!" Best Wishes,Roxanne

    ReplyDelete