Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Little By Little

I realized something not too long ago. When I think about the things I want or the places I want to go to, I ended each thought with...'when I loss weight'. I have fallen into the terrible habit over the years to put so much emphasis on my future plans based on how much I weigh.
Instead, I should have made it a top priority and made those changes instead of sitting off on the side lines and watching life pass me by.

That's what this blog is all about. I am taking my life back and making changes to give me all of the things I want. As Oprah would say, I am taking my power back.
Little by little of course. I am famous for starting something all gung ho and then it fizzles out in a week. Now, I am taking my time making changes where I can.

This week I am doing a detox. I am on Day 2 of the week long 7 day Detox Cleanse. It's going alright. I expected it to be difficult but I think that if I can manage to stick to this for the entire week it will prove to me that when I make up my mind about this I can do it. Surprisingly, I find myself missing and craving coffee the most. I guess that's a tell-tale sign that I drink way too much of it!! I did have a headache yesterday and have one again today.
I'm about to make a very yummy looking salad for dinner. It is full of mixed salad greens, celery, mushrooms and walnuts with a olive oil and lemon dressing. YUM-O!! It will most definitely make up for the vegetable juice I had for lunch!!

I may not be perfect and I may not do this detox perfect but all I can do is give it my best shot. I have a clear head about this and maybe for the first time in a really long time, I finally think that success and happiness are possible. Like I said, little by little. That's all I can ask from myself. I have put far too many expectations on me and that has to stop. I am only human. Only one person.

Thanks for tuning in. Have a great night and I will be chatting to you all soon!

Misty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment