Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Bucket List

I know alot of you out there have your own bucket list but I thought I'd share mine.......cause, well...it's my blog. hahaha




This is the bucket list today. I like to think of it as an open ended bucket list because all of these items on here are my dreams. Of things I want to accomplish, of people I'd love to meet, of things I want. So having an open ended list only makes sense because I won't stop dreaming, I won't stop wanting. My bucket list is free to grow and grow. The more I am able to cross off, the more I want to add. If any of you don't have a bucket list, I would encourage you to make one. To see your hopes and dreams right there down on paper is exciting. To be able to cross something off is fulfilling.

All of these are in random order...except for the first one. For those of you who know me know that I absolutely 100% adore this person and would feel in complete awe in her presence.






*Meet Oprah and have a heart to heart with her. I have grown up watching The Oprah Show. She has been apart of my Monday to Friday afternoon for so long now I honestly can't remember when she wasn't there. Her wisdom, infinite giving heart and inspiration has resonated with me and made such deep and meaningful impacts I will cherish them and hold them close to my heart forever and always.



*See a Broadway show in NYC

*Surf in Hawaii

*Build a Habitat for Humanity home

*Learn how to knit/crochet - Completed January 2010 - Crocheted a baby blanket for my best friends little girl.

*Find a four leaf clover

*Be part of a flash mob

*Run in a marathon

*Learn to play the guitar

*Open Animal Rescue house out in the country. Ever since I was a little girl watching those Humane Society shows on TV, I have had this deep desire to provide a safe and loving home for animals that have been abandoned or mistreated. A home with a full staff of professionals taking care of these animals in need. giving them food, a warm place to sleep and most of all love.




*Learn to drive - get my license

*Have a baby

*Go to Paris - visit the Louvre and the Mona Lisa, enjoy a french baguette sitting under the Eiffel Tower

*Swim with dolphins

*Write a book

*Watch a space shuttle launch live and in person

*Take a self defense class - Completed August 2008

*See the Great Wall of China








*Learn to speak Italian and travel to Italy. It's Italy, enough said!








*Get hair braided on the beaches of the DR

*Own my own scrap booking/crafty gifts business

*Go bungee jumping

*Go Sky diving

*Get a college degree

*Travel to a 3rd world country and help build a school

*Meet my grandchildren

*Attend the Olympics

*Volunteer in a soup kitchen - Completed September 2008 and many times since.

*Participate in a protest

*Learn how to Rollerblade

*Go on a whale watching adventure with mom






*Send a message in a bottle. How great would it be to send a piece of wisdom or inspiration to an unknown someone. A piece of myself, a memory of myself.





*Spend a New Year's at Times Square

*Be on a reality TV show

*Have a library named after me

* Plant a tree with my niece - so she may learn the beauty, life and energy a tree gives.

*Do the CN Tower Stair Climb

*Teach English in a foreign country

*Teach someone illiterate how to read

*Go to Africa on an animal safari and see giraffe's in their natural habitat

*Own a ridiculously expensive but absolutely fabulous pair of Jimmy Choo's, Manolo Blanhniks or Christian Louboutins.

*Go up in a hot air balloon

*Meet Maya Angelou

*Reach my weight loss goal











*Jump off Sky Tower in Ackland New Zealand. Saw this on the Biggest Loser and immediately knew that I had to do this!



*Walk the outside of the CN Tower




I hope I have started you guys in thinking about the things that you want. Like I said, you can always add to your Bucket List. It is ever growing, ever evolving. Remember, when you dream, dream big!



Have a great night folks!

Misty

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment