Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Frustrations

'The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.'
Author unknown

It's been an off day today. Work was a tad on the frustrating side with feeling like I have to fight for what I know I deserve. While in the midst of that, some pictures of myself doing some volunteer work showed up on Facebook and while the volunteering day was amazing and the group of girls I was doing it with were awesome, seeing pictures of me painting walls, bending over and looking generally terrible was not something that I wanted to see today.
I am doing my best at trying to remain positive, seeing the lighter side of things and focusing my angers or frustrations towards getting me where I want to be.
I am feeling a bit better now since being home and forcing my ass to get on the treadmill, however, I'm not gonna lie here. It was a little setback seeing those photos. I know I'm over-weight, I know I am no where near looking the way I want, so seeing that right in front of me was not a good time! Sometimes I can really disgust myself with the sight of what I have let go for so many years. And other times, it gives me the push to keep fighting in the right direction.
I do feel confident in the fact that I did come home and hoped right on The Beast (name for my treadmill). In the past, I would have come home, been grumpy and bitter and probably have stopped off at the store before coming home to get ice cream or something. The thought did cross my mind today but I didn't. I would like to think of that as a tiny victory.

I have started a workout schedule for myself. Instead of the obvious phrase, 'Go hard or go home', I am taking it easy. I need to start slow and work my way up. My goal this week is to get on The Beast 5 days straight. So, in doing this, I am going to start at minimum time and just above normal pace and work my way up. this week I am going to do 10-15 minutes on there and 5-10 jumping jacks. Next week I will increase and the week after increase again and so on and so on. I have a few Biggest Loser Work Out DVDs that I would like to try and incorporate as well.
The important thing to remember here is that there will be obvious setbacks, let downs and truck loads of frustrations to work through. The key is to not let that take me down anymore pegs. I have let that happen too much and for too long. Strength comes from within and if I have learned anything over the past few years, I have more strength inside then I ever give myself credit for.

'I don't need easy, I just need possible'
Soul Surfer

Ok friends, that's it for today. Thanks for tuning in. Know that all things are possible. I'm not the only one that can overcome adversity, so can you! Lets do it together!

Misty
xo

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Misty, and I hear everything you said and have said it myself. I'm on the wagon with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!! It's great to have the support of someone on the same journey! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete