Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Live from the heart of yourself

As I'm sure most of you are aware, yesterday was Oprah's finale curtain call. I thought is was done beautifully. Just her and her audience, both in studio and beyond the camera. The show was chock full of life lessons that both she has learned along the way and she has tried to teach us.

'Don't wait for someone else to complete you, Jerry Maguire was just a movie.' How great is that? And how true? How many of us who are single say aloud on numerous occasions that when I meet the right person everything will fall into place. When I meet Mr. Right then my life will be full and make sense. When the perfect woman comes along then I will settle down. How many times can we say the same thing? I'm just as guilty of it as some of you. I always tell myself that if only I had someone in my life I would be happy. Naturally we get lonely and would love to have that other person there beside us to share our lives with but the common misconception that many of us have is that that is the only way we can ever truly be happy and feel the kind of fulfilled life that we all desire. As much as I would love to share my life with someone, to have meaningful conversations with someone and to feel truly blesses and loved from that person, if I never find that, to quote Diana Ross, I will survive. I have to be enough. I am on this new journey by myself. I am taking steps to change my life for the better by myself. And I am going to succeed and overcome any obstacles in my way by myself, on my very own.

'Nobody but you is responsible for your life. You are responsible for your life. What is your life? What is all life? What is every flower, every rock, every tree? Energy. And you're responsible for the energy you create for yourself, and you're responsible for the energy you bring to others.'
I'm still learning this lesson. I think it may be one of the hardest and yet once you get it. Once you really truly get it, it could be the easiest lesson to live. Being honest here, I have shamefully put my happiness in others hands. I have based major life choices on making other people happy. And I have also brought negative energy into my life and the lives of others no doubt. I think this blog is an attempt at bringing some good energy to those who I am privileged enough have read this. I want to reach out and inspire, motivate and uplift whomever I can as I am doing to same to myself. When I motivate myself, I want to in turn do that for you. When I reach a goal, I would love to inspire someone to reach one of their goals. We can all do this. We have the power to achieve our ultimate desires. So if remaining positive, bringing positive energy around me and others gets me to my dreams, that sign me up!

'I've talked to nearly 30,000 people on this show, and all 30,000 had one thing in common - they all wanted validation...They want to know, do you hear me? Do you see me? Does what I say mean anything to you?'
When she uttered these words I can say for sure that the water works really began. She has said it before and I'm sure that the emotions running through me because of the day already but it really struck a nerve with me. We all want to be heard. We all want to know that what we are doing and saying is being taken in by someone else. Speaking as a Survivor who endured some painful childhood events, I grew up never feeling understood. Although I managed to keep my secrets from my family for years, I still felt as though I was being disregarded by them. No matter what I said or did, no one who hear me and maybe no one cared. So I grew up thinking just that. Thinking that no one really sees me so it doesn't matter how big I got, how much I ate. That I was useless and whatever the situation was, it was always my fault. Obviously I was mistaken. I do matter. I am heard. And it was not my fault. I am seen, whether I like it or not. Now I am dealing with being seen when I don't want to be seen because I am so unhappy with how I look. I yearned to be seen as a child so eating was my attempt at that. Now look where that has gotten me. that tells me that when someone is that desperate to be heard, to be seen, they would do anything.

I can't explain this new burning sensation that I feel deep down inside my soul. Yes, it's difficult to get my butt on the treadmill, to not make excuses like 'I'll just do it tomorrow.' But, I'm actually doing it. I know I should be getting on the beast (this is what I have named my treadmill) alot more and I am going to work on this. I am going to set a small goal for the next week. I would like to do the treadmill everyday. No reason why I can't, even if it's for 30 minutes. Any suggestions on other small goals to set? I am always up for comments or ideas on this. I'm learning as I go as any help would be awesome! It'd be great if we can help each other. Come on, take my hand.....

'I won't say goodbye. I'll just say, until we meet again.'

Have a good one guys and gals!

Misty
xo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Waiting for next comments.

    ReplyDelete