Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Meatless Monday

Today, on the menu is Stuffed Peppers.....I just took them out of the oven and let me tell you...the smell is absolutely divine!
I couldn't find any recipes that appealed to me so I made this one up as I went along.


Misty's Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers


6 lg red peppers - cut in half and seeded
1 pkg Yves Veggie Ground Round
1 cup cooked brown rice
4 tbsp EVOO
1-2 garlic cloves - minced
1 cup red kidney beans - rinsed well
1 cup stewed tomato's
1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce - I used Classico Four Cheese


Heat oven to 400.
In a large pot of boiling water, add the peppers once they have been washed, cut in half and seeded. Boil for about 10-15 minutes.
Cook rice according to directions on box and set aside.
Open up can of kidney beans, empty into a strainer and rinse very well. Also open up tin of stewed tomato's and drain those as well; set aside.
In a large frying pan add the EVOO and garlic. Saute garlic for a few minutes just be sure to watch it so the garlic doesn't burn. Add the Yves 'meat' and cook for 8 minutes. Season to taste. I added salt, pepper and some parsley.
When the peppers have boiled, they should be soft to touch but not falling apart. Add a few spoons of sauce to bottom of baking dish. Assemble peppers in dish. I also added a small spoon of sauce inside peppers. In a large bowl mix together rice, kidney beans, stewed tomato's and 1.5 cups meat mixture. Incorporate everything together really well. Scoop mixture inside peppers. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle some parm cheese on the top.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and dig in!!!! ENJOY FRIENDS!!!!!!!











Until next time!
Misty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment