Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Monday, June 20, 2011

Meatless Monday

Happy Monday Everyone!
As promised welcome to Meatless Mondays! I made myself a YUM-O California style veggie burger and matched it with a salad.








1/2 avocado, sliced thin
1/2 roasted red pepper
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 veggie burger patty, I use LICKS Nature Burgers....So amazing!
1 thin burger bun
Salad, I used an Iceberg Medley
2 tbsp dressing, I used PC Artichoke and Asia go

Using my George Foreman grill, I coated it with a little EVOO. Once heated up I slide the veggie burger on there. It only takes about 4-5 minutes per side. I like to coat both sides with a little bit of BBQ sauce. Once its flipped over, add your red peppers to the grill. Then slice up your avocado. The other half, make sure to leave to pit in it as this will keep it from turning brown a little longer. Shred up your cheese and then place it on the burger about a minute or so before its done. Once the cheese begins to melt, top it off with the roasted red peppers
Once both sides are cooked up on the burger, place it on top of your bun. Top with the avocado slices and if you like a few lettuce leaves. Cover with other half of your bun. You can toast the bun if you like for a little extra crunch.
In total, the burger with all the fixins as well as the salad with the dressing, 790 calories.

So simple to make but I promise it is so tasty!!!! I find the avocado really makes the entire burger!!

Hope you guys enjoy! I know there are some head strong meat eaters out there but at least give it a try. You may not even be able to notice the difference.

Enjoy and until next time kids!

Misty
xo

2 comments:

  1. Are there mushrooms in the burgers? What's in them exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get some veggie burgers that has actual vegetables in them. The ones I have are a vegan burger that mainly consists of soy based protein. Definitly the best I have tasted and you can hardly tell they are meatless!!

    ReplyDelete