Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just another Sunday

Happy Sunday all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I wanted to post a quick note here. I have had a rough week. I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. This just tells me that I need to eat better still and also sweat more. I started using one of my Biggest Loser workout DVDs and I think this will be the ticket. Yes walking on the beast is great for me, and I do get the heart rate going and work up a sweat but not enough, obviously. I'm still learning here. I'm still motivated and still know that I can reach my ultimate goals, I just need to re-adjust and re-plan my next moves. I'm down 19lbs in total and that is something to be proud of. I just have to keep up the pace and stay focused and motivated. Baby steps yes, but eventually my baby steps are going to need to turn into big girl steps.
I have been doing quite a bit of research online as well as looking for as many healthful tips as I can. Even though there are oodles of them out there and I of course won't use them all, even if I can obtain a few a week that I implement into my daily routine. thought I would share some of the tips with you.

Healing Hands

I am a crafty person. I find that if I am keeping busy doing a craft like scrap booking, it keeps my hands busy with a non-food activity.

Sweet Treats

Smoothies are my new post-workout reward. I either make a protein smoothie that gives my a yummy chocolate kick or I make a low fat fruit smoothie with lots of fruit and non-fat yogurt.

Gourmet Flavour

Instead of mindlessly eating a candy bar or a heaping bowl of ice cream, it's all about portions. I've figured out that I really don;t need the entire bowl of ice cream. I really only crave the taste so a few bites really do get me through. For Chocolate, I break off one or two pieces of dark chocolate, eating one piece at a time, letting it melt on my tongue. By the time I'm done, my craving has gone away. For ice cream, I just found the best thing at the grocery store.











These little Skinny Cow ice creams are only 150 calories and there were a few different flavours to choose from!! YAY!!!

Well, that's it for today. Tune in tomorrow. I am starting a Meatless Monday post. So if you are into trying a vegetarian lifestyle for the day, I will have some fabulous recipes that anyone can make that are so tasty and animal friendly.

Talk care kiddies,

Misty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment