Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. ~ OPRAH


In this day and time, we all are in search of something. Knowing what that something is may not be clear, but the ache sensation inside us is real. We can feel it. My hope in writing this blog is not only to benefit me but for you as well. For me, it provides me a sort of therapy. I can get my thoughts and feelings out there, knowing that someone can understand. It’s for you because I truly believe we follow certain paths. A path that has brought you to this very site. Whether what I have to say is meant for you to read personally or for you to share with someone else that may need it. I believe that we all are connected by one commonality. We all want to be seen. We all want to heard. We all want to know we matter. Well my Friend, I see you, I hear you and you do matter.


Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm the $@*!

This morning, while on my way to get a coffee from the Timothy's at my office building, a feeling came over me that was a bit familiar, although it had been so long since I felt it, I wasn't quite sure what it was at first.
I finally realized what it was when a few random people walked past me and I didn't get my normal nervous fear of someone seeing me. Although the feeling only lasted for a brief few minutes, there it was! I was walking with my manager and I said 'You know I feel different today. Not like I have an attitude, but its something else. I feel like.... I'm the shit'.
I was actually walking with some confidence and it felt wonderful! For those few brief moments I felt deserving....and looked good enough to where if I was told a hot brother was checkin' me out I would actually believe it. Over the last few years if I ever heard 'Oh look, he's checkin' you' I would have an extremely difficult time believing that. (Maybe I was even walking with a strut. For those of you who know me personally, you know that I absolutely do not have a strut. I fear that I come across as looking as though I'm constipated. Fingers crossed the hot strut comes soon! LOL)
Like I said, it only lasted a few minutes but it put me in such a great mood today!
I know that I am doing something right. I know that my mind is changing, my way of thinking is changing. I think that is such a huge part of the battle right there. When you can alter your thinking and accept that nothing is just straight black and white, you are doing great! You are going in the right direction!
Black and white thinking is very hard for me to let go of. It's just the way my brain automatically is geared towards. I am feeling very optimistic that I am still on the right track and my journey to my new life has fully commenced!
So...YAY ME!!

I wanted to give you guys a few healthy tips that I find helpful. Remember, I am doing this in baby steps for the time being. Once I learn more and am more mobile, I plan on kicking this into high gear! After all, I have a 5k run to train for.

*Track what you eat. Everything. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks....Everything. There are so many apps for your cell phones that you can download for free that provide you food trackers. I use Spark People because they have an app for BlackBerry users. I know a lot of people who have iPhone's use Lost It! I was tracking for a few weeks straight and was doing so well, but began to get lazy with it. I started it back up today and writing down everything I put into my mouth!!

*Don't eat after 7pm. For me, since I try to be in bed between before 11pm I do my best to make sure I don't eat anything after 7 o'clock. If I am starving then I will limit myself to a piece of fruit.

*Fill your fridge with fresh fruits and vegetables. This is something that I still struggle with but when I am able to do it, it does wonders for the entire week of eating. On the Sunday before the work week begins, cut up all your fresh fruits and veggies and pop them in the fridge. Make individual baggies of them so you can just grab and go. The more easy you can make eating healthy the better. How many times have we all said, I just don;t have time to eat a healthy meal or have time to cut up snacks for work in the morning. If you can set aside 30 minutes on a Sunday, you can eliminate all of the excuses for the rest of the week.

*Freeze some grapes. Sweets are a major downfall for me. I have found an awesome snack that gives me my sweet fix. It's as simple and washing a handful of grapes, putting them in a baggie and popping them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, they are the best yummy snack. Love them!!

*Make changes gradually. Set small achievable goals. We all want huge results fast. But that just doesn't happen for most people. If you are like me, setting small goals that are in reach you will get better results. I have gone gung ho and many things, and after a week or two it fizzles out. I would much rather take my time and see continuous results. It is so much more rewarding!!

I hope you find these helpful and useful and by all means, if you have any tips that you would like to share, please please do!!

I have asked a friend of mine who does quite a bit of healthy vegan cooking to give me some of her recipes. I will share those when I can.

Thanks for tuning in lovelies!! Until next time...

Misty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment